Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Colored bricks



It’s been months! Here’s a little outfit that received a thousand likes in a Facebook competition last May 2012. My odds were second to none but luckily; I have the most supportive family and friends. I’ve never felt so much respect and love for what I wanted in life up until then. I’ve had a rough couple of months adjusting from the newly graduate to unemployed status but it has also been giving me lots of opportunities and I’m still in high hopes what the future has in store for me. Hopefully though, I get to find my niche along the way.




Photography by Jay Villarosa


Anyway, the outfit was all about portraying an S/S 2012 outfit and I got my inspiration from that season’s trends. Starting from a lace top, to a mint green pastel skirt, to a colorful printed neon blazer and a tribal print clutch. I downplayed the explosion by wearing black sheer tights over my suede shoes. To add to the subtlety, I added in a little gold and silver hardware here and there. I was just about to add in an eagle on my head to make things not too over the top, but I guess I settled for something less. So, how’d you like this outfit then?




Lace top & Neon blazer | Thrifted
Mint skirt | Made by yours truly
House of Harlow inspired neckpiece | Mia Casa
Plum Wedges | SM Parisian
Tribal Clutch | SM Kultura